Monday, March 16, 2015

Changing my Life, One Tangle at a Time

Did you ever feel like the Universe was trying to tell you something?

I wrote in an earlier post about using the Tangle-a-Day Calendar. Unfortunately, I have been very spotty about that “-a-Day” part.

Then late Thursday night I checked in on Facebook, and found a link posted by my ceramics teacher. That link led me to a Youtube video, which led me to another video, then to another, and…you know how Youtube is.

The final link was a TEDx talk, “How doing a Drawing a Day Changed my life.”

Jeepers.

So I’m going to set my alarm for 1 hr earlier (I’m retired, and old – I don’t usually set my alarm. Huge sacrifice for the sake of art) and start doing a tangle a day. We’ll see if it changes my life.






By the way, I highly recommend you watch that original Youtube video linked above, made by Ayume Horie (Hor’-ee-ay), a potter who does dry throwing and Mishima. Mishima is one of the techniques I am trying to learn to combine my love of Zentangle with my recent obsession with pottery. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember you showing me "13". It's great. I need to figure out how you did it. The ladies in my group love that tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember you showing me "13". It's great. I need to figure out how you did it. The ladies in my group love that tangle.

    ReplyDelete