Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tackling Tangling Weave

Been a little slow around the ol’ blog lately. We were getting ready for our first Spring trip to Hilton Head Island (have been going in the Fall for years, in January for years before that). In among cleaning, planning and teaching Tai Chi, I snuck in a few procrastination sessions of Zentangle.

This series I called “Tackling Weave.” Helen Williams published the stepout for Weave on her blog, A Little Lime, and I was enchanted by it. First I did Weave in a grid:

Weave on a grid
  
Then I did a gridless free-form version. Clearly, there’s a bit of a learning curve here. I love this pattern, though, and will keep practicing until I’m happy with the process. I say that because Zentangle is a process, not a result. There’s no good or bad, no happy or unhappy with the final tile, just playing.

Weave, no grid

Finally tried putting it into a tile with other tangles.



Random Weave, Akoya
Random Weave, Akoya, Flux, Amaze, Arukas, Bunzo


There will be more practicing Weave, and more tangling in general, once we reach the Island. Oh, and before we left, I ran by the Art Center and put a couple of tangled vessels (vase and a coffee mug) on the bisque shelf. I’m really anxious to see how they turn out.
Next post – Hilton Head


No comments:

Post a Comment