Saturday, April 4, 2015

Hilton Head, Pt. 1

Arrived on the Island on Saturday. It was cold the first few days, although the skies were clear and the ocean calm. There was plenty of time for tangling. I’m looking forward to a good warm up so I can move the drawing and knitting and computer work outside to the lanai.

On the way down, we stayed overnight in Columbia, SC, where I did my traditional Hello, South Carolina tangle:


First morning:


On the first Sunday and last Friday, we  go to a wonderful restaurant called Alexander’s.

Alexander's 

Alexander's back dock - on the lagoon

I’ve been going there for dinner for over 20 years now, first by myself when I came down here for Jinny Beyer’s annual Quilting Seminar (alas, no longer held), and more recently, with my husband.  One of the things I really like about the good restaurants on the Island is that the servers are well-paid, so are quite professional and stay for years and years. As a result, I’ve known a few of the servers for over 20 years. You get the feeling that they are really glad to see you again, and that they miss you when you are gone.

To be honest, we overtip like crazy.

So in honor of Alexander’s, here's an “A.”

XYP, Fracas, Mak-rah-mee, Zinger, Cruffle, Festune


1 comment: